stair master no more
as i was trekking up the stairs from street-level to the post office this afternoon, i realized that i hardly ever climb stairs any more. when i lived in brooklyn, well, i was in a 4-floor walk up (for all you country folk, that means, no elevator), and i was at the TOP. and then there was the subway, stairs in, stairs out. i think i even worked somewhere once that i could huff up the stairs in the office building. but alas, no more.
there are a total of 4 stairs that i climb every day - they are located outside the door i use to enter the office building where i work. i used to get in late and have to park on the 4th floor of the parking garage. now i get in early enough to find a spot on the first floor. my house is a "ranch style" (for all you city-folk, that means no stairs).
and i wonder why i gained weight when i moved to texas?! wow. that would sure explain it. and the fact that i never walk anywhere any more. except when i take the dog for a walk around the 'hood. but that can't compare to the amount of walking i did in new york.
have you ever thought of how many stairs you climb in a day?
Labels: rambling


3 Comments:
14 stairs to the 2nd floor; 9 to the basement so each trip from top to bottom - round trip that is is 46 stairs.
On laundry days, that's 4 - 5 times! And not smoking, I don't get out of breath doing any of the trips, so I'm pleased :)
xxoo
Maggie
I think I climb about a billion stairs a day, chasing the kids up and down, taking laundry, playing ... er, working hard on the computer ...
When my kids get older, and I don't have any babies anymore, I'm going to gain about 50 pounds when I'm not running after the little ones and all those calories come back to get me!! Oh, I dread the day already! :)
~Brea
I have no idea how many stairs I climb a day - but I do remember those visits to Brooklyn :-) City living in San Francisco was my daily exercise (whoa - those hills) which meant no visits to the gym
Post a Comment
<< Home